$690.00 — $730.00
$586.50 — $620.50
You save $103.50 — $109.50 (15%)!
The Blaze for 2013 is a two and three cam narrow sleeve design range. The conservative clew cutaway and shape/tension relationships developed in synch with our successful TR-8 racing program are blended with the minimal conical sleeve that was requested. Smooth feathering rotation and racing performance are excellent for Formula Experience and simply going fast. The smooth twist character requires only moderate downhaul to achieve the correct setting and this makes for a soft feel and easy maneuvering.
The use of X-Ply adds to the performance value and a graphic look easily recognized from far offshore. Four light weight tube/rod battens support general shape stability and tensioning system keeps the trailing edge tension correct, tack to tack.
The conical sleeve never holds water and makes recovery and waterstarts easy. Lightweight and durable, the tough anti-chafe material protects the sleeve and tack area from damage. Attaching the boom is simple using the deep cutout, especially when using the MauiSails custom boom head design. The lightweight loop-on clew fitting is a low friction solution to outhaul adjustment that makes The Blaze full race capable and easy to use.
The 2013 Blaze is going to be the favorite go-to sail for anyone wanting the combo of lighter weight, 75% SRS Carbon mast compatibility, and minimal sleeve dimension slalom performance. After driving through a couple of sweet easy jibes with RAF style rotation, the Blaze will certainly keep the fire lit.
The bits and pieces:
- Generous use of highest quality U.S. made Xply material.
- Low profile batten tension system with stainless steel adjustment screws.
- Tube/rod battens have tapered batten pockets to keep tips straight.
- Anti chafe polyurethane head bumper.
- Fixed head webbing for easy insertion of mast without fussy head plug alignment.
- Increased boom cutout depth aids boom attachment.
- Full framework of Kevlar unidirectional reinforcement
- Race level clew cutaway.
- Lightweight clew fitting with easy rigging loop feature.
- Seam and foot beads for chafe protection.
- Tough tack and sleeve anti-chafe material
- Roller wheel cams with asymmetric shape.
- Welded stainless steel and bronze triple wheel tack pulley.
Sizes: 6.5, 7.0, 7.5, 8.0, 8.5, 9.0, 9.8