Maui Sails Carbon Boom
$740.00 — $960.00
It’s been many years with the graphic unchanged and along the way we have been continuously improving small details. The adjustment clips have gone through a big evolution to prevent the corrosion that affected them (we had to chrome plate the 316SS pins!), and the clip bodies were made stronger as well.
There is a wide tail slalom version of the Slalom 170-230 (the tail piece retrofits both the Wave 170 and 140).
Using moulds developed and owned by MauiSails, and designs with unique bends and diameters, assures that our full range of carbon booms is exclusive to MauiSails in every regard. All plastic parts are designed, developed, and molded to create these special products, the recognized highest standard of carbon booms in the windsurfing industry today. Huge steam heated press moulds are the core of the complex process. These state-of-the-art carbon booms are formed using pre-preg carbon fiber to produce the best weight to stiffness possible in composite carbon construction. The tested and proven proprietary frontend is designed to perfectly mate with the 40mm diameter monocoque boom arm. Each boom size is purpose specific. The Wave 140 comes with full length 30mm grip for super hand comfort and control.
• High Stiffness to Weight with double tapered tubes. Race booms are 40mm at the front and back, with 35mm diameter backends, and are the stiffest in the industry.
• 50 – 60 cm length adjustment covers a large number of sail sizes.
• Smaller 30mm diameter of the wave booms makes for comfortable grip.
• Monocoque Construction in Pre-Preg Carbon for maximum stiffness and durability.
• Efficient energy Transfer with MauiSails designed Front End configured for Formula Race Boom performance and available on all MauiSails booms.
• MauiSails Front End designed for easy on / easy off function.
• Boom adjustment clip bodies modified for greater durability and strength.
• MauiSails Front End features 25% more surface contact (120mm) with mast to reduce stress on mast connection with zero slippage.
• Included Adjustable Outhaul kits and Wide Tail backend with Race booms and Carbon Slalom 170.
• Redesigned Double Pin Rear End Clips increase durability, stiffness and torsion rigidity.
• Molded Precision produces perfect tolerance between the Boom Body and Rear End for smooth and easy adjustment.
• High Performance grip surface is durable and easy on the hands.
ATTENTION : The MauiSails boom front end is easy to use and requires only light clamping pressure to prevent slipping on the mast. The rope should be 4mm Marlow Pre-stretched if possible. Do not use larger than 4mm line for the clamping rope. When applying closing pressure use only enough to stop sliding on the mast.
Boom sizes : Carbon Wave 130 – 180, Carbon Wave 140 – 200, Carbon Wave 170 – 230, Carbon Slalom 170 – 230.