North S Type
$696.97 — $856.49
Following the extremely successful WARP F2012 the compact shape has been taken over, but with a slightly longer CROSS.BATTEN.
This results in greater comfort and control during acceleration and in overpowered conditions, because the longer CROSS.BATTEN flexes off more. The steeper top batten, which provides a better connection to the top of the sail, results in a more active twist. This leads to quicker acceleration and an expanded wind range. These and many other details secure that the S_TYPE combines planing with impressive performance and incredible speed. Better than any other sail – without any disadvantages in control or handling!
Another reason for the huge range of use is the medium-sized CONICAL.AERO.SLEEVE.DESIGN mast sleeve. This represents the ideal compromise between optimum propulsion and comfortable waterstart behavior. Regardless whether at high speed or simply cruising and jibing, the S_TYPE has many faces – the perfect universal performer.
As to its durability: Apart from legendary features such as DOUBLE.SEAM and DURATECH.FOOT, we added a seam protector to the CROSS.BATTEN to prevent chafing. Simply ingenious: All S_TYPE sizes work with one mast length
• NEW: Steeper top batten for more power and better twist, greater acceleration and wider wind range
• iBUMPER, the most advanced and effective moulded mast protector
• HYPER.CAM – the first hard camber that rotates like a soft cam
• MINIMUM.MAST.CONCEPT: one mast (460-25) fits all sizes
• SWITCH.CAM.OPTION 3/2: 3 cams for max. performance – 2 cams for improved handling