2015 BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS CATAMARAN SAILING TRIP:
Join us for a active Caribbean vacation of a lifetime! We take you on a luxury 50' Catamaran sailing / active tour through the gorgeous archipelago of the BVIs (British Virgin Islands).
Our British Virgin Islands sailing itinerary is extremely flexible and we sail where the wind dictates. There are endless opportunities for exploration of the world famous beaches and beautiful turquoise Caribbean waters. The cruising ground includes stops in Virgin Gorda Anegada, Jost Van Dyke, and Tortola. In between sailing around the more than 60 islands that comprise the BVIs, we anchor at secluded spots to snorkel, swim, stand up paddle, kitesurf, windsurf, or just hang out at the beach. In the evenings we go ashore and check out the laid back bars and restaurants. Paradise found, Caribbean style!
Full write up with pictures of our 2014 BVI trip - check out our blog.
Dates / Pricing / Boat Configuration
- 8 days / 7 nights - Chose between week 1 or week 2
- $3075 pp dbl occ; 1 queen bed / private bath. Luxury Catamaran Lagoon 500 50' boat specs / bed confirguration
- $2800 pp dbl occ; 2 single/bunk beds / private bath. Luxury Catamaran Lagoon 500 50' boat specs / bed confirguration
- The Lagoon 500 has 5 cabins total: 4 with queen beds, 1 with 2 single / bunk beds. All cabins have a private bathroom.
- Week 1: Jan 17-Jan 24 (board boat Saturday evening 5pm Jan 17, disembark Saturday morning Jan 24 10am)
- Week 2: Jan 24-Jan 31 (board boat Saturday evening 5pm Jan 24, disembark Saturday morning Jan 31 10am)
Wind & Weather in the BVIs
|Historical Weather (Averages by month):
Wind: Winds are typically stronger in the first half of the day, averaging 15-25 knots. Afternoons calm down and by evening winds are calm for sunset!
Tides: In the British Virgin Islands, the tide range is very small: 12 inches – 18 inches (one to two feet) including the variation of level due to atmospheric pressure and dominant winds.
|The Lagoon 500 is equipped with air conditioning for the internal cabins. This helps keep everything nice and dry (towels, clothes) and acts as a great dehumidifier.|
- 7 nights accommodations aboard 50' Luxury Air Conditioned Catamaran Yacht - Lagoon 500 Video Overview
- Captain and Crew/Guide
- All Provisions, National Park Fees, Cruising Taxes, Permits, & Mooring Fees
- Air Conditioning in all cabins
- Wifi on board
- Breakfast & Lunch every day + 2 dinners
- Stand Up Paddle board & paddle on the deck of our Catamaran for every guest
What's Not Included
- Airfare. Easiest / cheapest way to get to Tortola (Island we depart from in the BVIs) is to fly to Miami, connect to flight to St Thomas (USVI) on American Airlines. From St Thomas, you taxi to a ferry to Tortola. Approximate round trip airfare from San Francisco to St Thomas is $750 ($450 round trip SFO-MIA and $300 round trip MIA-STT). The round trip taxi and ferry from St Thomas to Tortola is $75. All fare estimates are approximate and are based on advance purchase for lowest fares available.
- Trip Insurance. We highly recommend purchasing your own trip insurance.
- Departure Fees ($20)
- 5 Dinners (2 dinners we include/cook on boat). For 5 dinners, we go ashore and sample local restaurants. You are free to select your own dining options and eat on your own, or join us as a group.
- Kitesurfing / Windsurfing / Surfing Gear. You are encouraged to bring your own kite gear (if you are an independent kiteboarder riding upwind). Windsurfing gear is available for rent at many local outfits in the BVIs. For surfing waves, we are providing SUP boards/paddles for everyone on board, so you can use your SUP to surf!
- Snorkel gear. Bring your own mask/fins to maximize your comfort and enjoyment of the paradisiacal waters in the BVIs.
Pay / Reserve
- 25% deposit to reserve, 25% due by Sept 1 2014, 50% due by October 1, 2014
- Cancellation Fees per person: 0-90 days: 100% ; 91-120 days: 50%
- Release of Liability and Personal Information Forms: Guests are required to sign a Release of Liability, Waiver of Legal Rights and Assumption of Risk as well as a Personal Information Form prior to trip departure.
- International travel requires a valid passport.